Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Vintage Card


Here is my attempt at a Vintage Card. I joined a swap at SCS and the theme is Vintage. This stamp immediately popped into my head, it's a stamp I bought from my FABBY GABBY .... Impression Obsession L4299 Lottie Collage is the name of the stamp. I stamped it on Pure Silk Watercolor Paper sold by MFT. This is the 2nd time I've used this paper and LORDY ME!!! IT ROCKS!!!! Seriously, deep vibrant colors and pools up and lets you push it around... LOVE IT!!!! I then took out my ANTIQUE shaped scissors, you know the ones that your family bought you for Christmas, come in a spiny holder? Yea, those, used the deckle edged ones and trimmed up the edges. I brought out my Trusty T!m Holtz inks in Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Fired Brick. I used a TH Fragment and a stamp from Anna Griffin that I rescued from my garbage pile as it looks TH-ish, stamped in Archival ink, used glossy accents and secured it to a piece of TH Paper. I then dug in my stash-o-ribbon and grabbed this YUMMY ribbon from MFT from the Kitchen Collection. Some unk DP, some brass brads from M's. Then I needed a flower. Well, you may or may not know my FIL lives with us and he LOVES his books, so I asked him for one of his books to make my own flower. I ran some pages through the Big Shot Express (no handle-love it) with the TH Tattered Flowers die, followed up with the same Distress Inks, then covered the flowers with TH Rock Candy Distress Stickles, smearing it around with my finger. Took my heat gun to it (just read it Distress Stickles CAN be heat dried). Added a TH Mini Brad to the center and mounted it ALL onto MFT Hot Fudge and SU! Riding Hood Red CS.
PHEW... THREE HOURS and I have this card done and 5 more to assemble....
I hope you like this card, I personally LOVE it, and am NOT knowing what I am going to do for my OTHER set for the swap! LOL
Maybe Christmas..... ??????
Have an AWESOME DAY!!!!!

No comments: