Monday, May 3, 2010

MFT Guest DT Challenge for May


Well, it's that time again to be a dreamer... it's the Guest DT Challenge over at MFT Stamps! The lucky winner... YUP!!! Get's to be FAMOUS for a month!!! LOL
The challenge put on by Julie and Sherrie is to use Material or Felt on your project. SO... diggin in my stash o stuffs I found these SUPER old Making Memories Pockets. They came with several different styles and I picked GINGHAM... I LOOOOOVE Gingham!!! Kate sent me some more of her stores AWESOME DP and so I had to use it for my Picnic WTG!!!! I did have to use a bit of Tim Holtz distress ink to make the DP match the pocket as the DP was a bright white gingham. I also added a bit o pizzazz to my pocket by taking some MFT Lovin from the Oven Ribbon/Lace and then carefully threading some black twine in and out of the holes of the lace and mounting it on to the pocket!!!
I mounted some of the DP onto Black CS for my card base then took strips of another DP and mounted that onto black CS, used Jody's boosters and some baby braddies from MFT. I stamped and Paper Pieced WTG and used the base DP for her Sun Dress... I figured there aint NO such thing as a picinica without out Ants, eh boo boo? SO I stamped the ants included in the WTG set around the top and bottom of the card and across her sunny lil picinic blanket. Stamped the basket, bread, wine and double grapes. The pocket is holding a Gift Card to Subway (that's the local wahoo sandwich place in my neck o the woods) and your card is an instant Gift! ;)
Thanks for looking and Have an AWESOME DAY!!!! Fingers crossed huh? :)
kj

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

KJ,YOU ROCK!!!! Way to go!!! WOOOHOOO!!! LOVE IT!!!! Love the gingham, and the lace, and the ants, and the cute sundress!!!! Just all of it!!! :)

jennik

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh KJ love the look of gingham and lace!!!

Jana Weaver said...

WOW!!! This is amazing KJ!! LOVE your little gingham pocket (that's MY fav too!!!) and the lace with the black thread through it??? Genius!! Girl, your are SMOKIN'!!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Adorable!! Love the gingham pocket and those ants along the top are perfect! Good luck!

Melody said...

SO, SO cute!! I just LOVE that pocket!

g said...

amazing card!! you've totally rocked it & it's perfect for a Subway card- super job!! crossing my fingers for ya!!

Sarah/WAstamper said...

This is one awesome card!! Love all the layers.