Wednesday, August 4, 2010

MFT SHOP & HOP!!!!


It's time my friends... by now the last of the confetti is falling and you can kinda make out the whistle of the Janitor comin in to clean up after all you Junkies who Partied Hardy at Kim's House...
I got ALL DRESSED UP for this party... I LOVE my Black and White cards and this one.... **swoon** is NO exception... You see, remember on day 1 of the sneek peeks I found that LSS up North while looking for the recruiter (who had moved) well, I just KNEW they would be able to help us so we HAD TO GO IN!!!!! **wink wink**
Low and behold, Angels Sang, played their harps and all that Glory when I spied this ribbon... OMG I AM HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE... I knew EXACTLY what I was going to use it for.... My FINAL PROJECT as MFT GUEST DT....
Harvest Girl is SO versatile and I wanted to prove just how much so! I decided to make her into one of those photographs that are black and white and then they just bring in a touch of color, you know like the hair and eyes of a beautiful child playing? Yea, well, I did the same!!!! I used PTI White for my Card Base, some Black and White dotted DP, boosters, wrapped the diamond ribbon, mounted it all to the base. Stamped Whose That Harvest Girl onto a MFT Perfect Paper Panel (white currently sold out), mounted it onto black CS, I then got 3 lil black buttons from my M's $1 button bucket. I grabbed 3 red glitter garnishments from the Chocolate Kiss collection, popped them in the center to distribute the weight of the card and carry on that hint of color...
I can't tell you how HONORED I feel to be able to represent MFT this Month... I was in tears when I read I had won last months Challenge, TEARS OF JOY, and am tearing up now as my Reign has come to an end... NOW I understand why Miss America cries as she makes her final walk down the runway, waving and crying.... Yep, that is what I am doing right now... waving and crying, as I know it's now time for a FABULOUS NEW GUEST DT to take over!!!!! OMG I am excited to see what she does!!!!! SO glad Waterproof mascara was invented...
OK, so I have the HONOR and PRIVILEDGE to lead you to your NEXT Destination on your Shop & Hop Journey... This woman is AMAZING, TALENTED, "SPICY" & just down right AWESOME!!!!!! She has helped me in SO many ways and is ALWAYS helping others... she's got Royalty in her SCS History... an Original Dirty Girl.... YES!!!! It's MY FRIEND (so proud to be able to say that) JODY!!!!!

31 comments:

Barbara said...

Girl, girl, girl. You are AMAZING!! I'd have never thought to do this and you totally knock my socks off with it! Perfection in every way!

StampOwl said...

love it KJ ... was fun having you play with us this month :)ityra

StampOwl said...

ahhhhhh is that where the rest of my word verification went LOL ... ignore the ityra in the previous comment LOL

Cindy Haffner said...

Cool LOVE this KJ!! Was so fun having you with us this month.

g said...

this is so stunning- i can't wait to try one like this! you've inspired with each post & it's been delightful to watch you soar! you ROCKED everything!! {GIANT HUGS}

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wow! This is so cool! You did a wonderful job as the MFT Guest Designer! :D

Dawn said...

Great job as the guest DT member this month KJ!

Rhonda said...

The black and white is fabulous.

Sue D said...

Very classy black and white with a touch of red!

Katie Skiff said...

WOW!! I love the black and white!!

Amy Kolling said...

Stunning black and white card!

fairie said...

OMG, this is something out of the ordinary but very very BEAUTIFUL!!!

Jana Weaver said...

Awesome card KJ!! Just went back to see all your peaks, and you totally rocked it GF!! One of the days I'll resurface to play with you all again, but I'm still bogged down in trying to get everything right for my little guy (and hoping he'll actually start sleeping again soon!!) Keep up the great work here!!

Melody said...

Very "artist" KJ! All your work this week has been amazing! I have loved having you with us!

yoorah said...

Such a simple beautiful card!

dclouser said...

LOVE black and white with a pop of red! You did an amazing job on this card.

Michele Boyer said...

This is gorgeous, KJ! LOVE that black and white with the little POP of red! And I enjoyed reading your post as well. We have ALL loved you stamping with us. (I'm SURE I can speak for all.) And I truly hope it happens again! You are SUCH fun, SUCH a pleasure, and SO very sweet on top of it all! BIG hugs!

Lisa H. said...

this is gorgeous, Kelli! we were so honored to have you with us this month. YOu did a fantastic job. thanks for being who you are and sharing what you do! HUGS!

Megan said...

This is AMAZING. Stunning. The pop of red is FABULOUS.

Anonymous said...

I remember feeling the same way after my gig was up, but you definitely made MFT happy you won, this one rocks girls!

Tracey said...

Loving the black and white!

Jodi Collins said...

WOWSA! This is amazing! LOVE the black and white with the pop of color! All of your projects have been totally awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Wooohooo!! Look at you with the B & W!!!! Excellent!!! FAB CARD!!!!

jenni

Sherrie said...

It was SOOOO fun having you as a guest designer this month KJ....you rock!
Love this black and white with the punch of red....beautiful!

Erin Smetak said...

Oh wow, KJ, this just blows me away! Fabulous card!!!!! You made MFT proud this month!!!! You should be SO proud! You totally rocked this month! Not that you don't rock any other month! {HUGS}!

Jessica said...

Wow this is so striking, great job! Thank you so much for the sweeter than sweet comments you have left on some of my cards on splitcoast!

Julie said...

Awesome card KJ! You have done an amazing job all month girl! It's been so much fun having you join us!

Janna said...

Fabulous idea! I was just talking to a friend about how much I adore black and white photos that have one object colored in and you have created it in card form! Awesome!!!!

Hugs!
janna

Jessie/knightrone said...

You are so awesome girl!! I loved seeing all your creations, and will love it even more when I actually get to stop and comment on them, lol!! You rock!!

Sarah/WAstamper said...

LOVE this B&W card KJ...And you used my favorite pop of color - RED! Great job on the DT gig. I know there will be more to come in your future!

Donna Baker said...

Congrats on guest deisgner! This card is fabuloso!