Friday, October 22, 2010

FlapperDoodle all dressed up

Good Morning.... OK, so a slight confession here peeps... I didn't think it was possible for MFT to come out with a stamp I didn't like... well, I am REALLY having a hard time with the Flapper Doodles... this one I do seem to like though and I won it on a blog hop during release time a few months ago.  At first I looked at her and thought, hmmm, I could turn her upside down and make a flower out of her dress... LOL  I think it's the pinched up sour puss face that I dont like, almost like she smells something nasty... ANYWAY... I wanted to use my new Lattice Bigz Die so I thought this stamp would be great with it, fancy shmancy and all since those who know me KNOW I am NOT FS at all.... LOL  BUT... great idea didn't come to fruition (tee hee big word) SO I rolled with this instead, it's fuzzy flocked paper from DCWV creme collection or some such thing... I had a HARD time finding ribbon as the black pleated was too much, and polkie dots... yea ummm... NOT!!!  LOL, then I found this small amount of the sheer ribbon from MFT from a LONG time ago's release... I used some cheap pearls as my MFT Pearls in black are ALL GONE  **yes, sad face here people**  I added some clear glaze to the dress shaded with 3 different W's of Copics, TH Distress stickles in Antique Linen were added to the flower centers.  I dont know I think I kinda like this card... Whatcha think??? 

4 comments:

Michele Boyer said...

GASP-A-DOODLE! (lol) I DO like it, Kelli. It's actually PRETTY. (LOL. I mean that in the nicest of ways, of course. You kwim, right? lol.) I'm so proud of you...for using a Doodle (with fuzzy paper-made me laugh!) AND for using a big word! Good job!! ;)

Barbara said...

ACK!!!This fan-freakin'-tastic, my friend! I love it!

Jana Weaver said...

this is an awesome card KJ! I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of the flapperdoodles either, but this card is just adorable!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I am LOVING this!! It's so pretty....I have a hard time with them, too(shhhhh)....I think it's how tiny they are, I dunno.