Saturday, October 16, 2010

Merry Stress-Mas

OK, so after taking more than the prescribed dose of muscle relaxers I was able to sit down and play... just stamp to play... YAY!!  Although unfortunately I dont have time lines for DT's I do have a busy schedule...SO... I wanted to play with an Amanda Baird stamp from MFT, I thought of A Balanced Holiday.  I pulled it out of it's alphabatized spot and WHAT???  UNINKED???  Say it isn't so... I THOUGHT I had used it before. but NOPE!!!  So I fixed THAT problem...

I stamped it once, colored it all in, added some Flower Soft in Silver for Garland, HATED IT!!!  LOL  It was bloppy, so, I started again, this time, "Spot Light" popped into this lil brain of mine.  Bingo! 

SO... that's what I did.  I also used some ribbon I got from a friend of mine (Thanks Michele) some time ago and remembered her technique from her blog for distressing ribbon.  Cut down the sides a bit, tore it the rest of the way and wrapped it around some paper that Rae Anne sent to me (Thanks Mama) SO... with the leaning tree and the distressed ribbon, the sentiment stamp that I bought 2 years ago finally saw ink... YAY!!!  LOL
OK, so I'm headed to take a nap as I HAVE to go in to work tonight, I think I've healed enough to roll with some drunks... I sure hope so anyway, the bruises are making their way to the surface, Gee, I'm SO glad it's not bikini weather anymore!!!  LOL  AS IF.... **roll eyes**

7 comments:

g said...

super fab- this rocks! love that ribbon!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute KJ!!!

Bev Gerard said...

'Spotlighting' was the perfect answer for this cute creation!

Now obviously I am way behind on things pertaining to KJ! What ever it is, I' sure hope it's getting better with every single day! Yikes!

Sending {{{{HUGGGS}}}} from Texas!
~Bev

Melody said...

Cute, cute! I need to pull that stamp out!

Lisa H. said...

oooo, glad to see her, KJ. happy you got time to play and that you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Cute card!I love your idea! And I love your word "Bloppy" that's something my mom does; comes up with a word and insist it's a word! Cute and funny, but NOT cute and funny when your playing Scrabble!! LOL :)

Michele Boyer said...

Love your spotlight idea!! Looks FABULOUS!